Advocacy and Networking
HRSS works to improve human rights situation through advocacy and networking with policymakers, politicians, law enforcement agencies, lawyers, human rights activists, NGO activists and journalists etc. Our members and volunteers try to influence governments, political bodies, and autonomous bodies and intergovernmental groups. We also raise human rights issues by mobilizing public pressure through mass demos, vigils, human chain and direct lobbying.
HRSS brings together various groups of people, including policymakers, politicians, law enforcement agencies, lawyers, human rights, NGO activists, journalists and victims through arranging regular campaign and discussion meetings on various issues of human rights and their abuses.
HRSS advocacy and networking unit works in the following arenas of human rights.-
- Policy Intervention to ensure all the rights protected in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international human rights standards.
- Advocacy for ending severe abuses of human rights.
- Advocacy & Lobby to create enable environment for rights based society.
- Build up movement to resist Human Rights Violation.
- Policy Intervention for equal legal status and rights in Personal & Public sphere.
- Advocacy for Law reform to end abusive practices and respect international human rights law
- Render support services: Safe shelter for Victim of Violence, Medicare, Rehabilitation and Relief Distribution in Nation calamities.
- Motivation to keep upholds the spirit of voluntarism & commitment to human rights.
- Keeping strong links with human rights related national and international NGOs and CBOs